20 November, 2009

There Is Work Enough To Do

Yesterday, my boss's boss sent out an email requesting three of four people to help out in a different department here at work for a month or so, or until they catch up. I'm not sure what possessed me to email him back, but, for some reason, I volunteered. I mean, take into account the fact that it will provide more income for our small family, and that I hardly see my wife anyway, and it doesn't seem so bad. It is a data entry job, which I don't mind, and will help to break up the monotony of my current position. The only thing that makes it difficult is that this is on top of my current work load. I now work from 12 noon until 8 at night. Add to that the full-time school-load and I'm pretty well swamped. I will probably not see my friends ever again and I will do good to even keep up in my classes. My wife laughs at me because she is already working full time with full time school. I don't know what the difference is, but I guess she's a little bit stronger than I am. (Did I just admit that?) Don't get me wrong though. I am pretty excited for this opportunity and I do feel really good about it. Just don't be surprised if you see a headline about me soon... maybe an obituary even...

2 comments:

  1. hahaha. you admitted it. in public. you are so doomed to hear that come back at you from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's fine with me. I would have admitted that long ago! ;)

    ReplyDelete