28 August, 2009

The Boring Story Of My Life

The quest for proper education is a stressful one. I say "proper" because anyone can get an "education". Online schools and tiny 2-year community colleges have made the whole process almost too easy. I tend to question the quality of such an education, but that's not my point here.
Yesterday was a very triumphant day in my life. It may seem trivial, but I was very excited when I finally got everything settled as far as my schedule goes. I had been signed up for a class that even the syllabus stated was not for me. In trying to switch around, I realized the pain of last minute registering. How can you sign up for a class you need when, not only is it closed and overfull, but it doesn't even fit in the hourly schedule they give you and all the classes overlap? Well, after much stress and annoyance, I was about to give up. I pushed the refresh button one last time and the one class in the perfect time and place popped up with 1 free seat. I frantically added it to my list and hit the submit button. Well, by the time I had done that, it had already filled again. Fortunately, this happened twice more, and the final time, I got the class. Don't judge me when I say that this was one of the most triumphant moments of my life. It was such a relief as I had really been stressing over it. Anyway, I'm very excited for this semester, though I know it's going to ber very stressful too. I'm especially stoked for my engineering class. We get to build things and take things apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment