18 August, 2009

A Shudder, A Wheeze, A Sob, And A Snake

I obtained my car from my brother and sister who moved to the far off land of Ohio and bought a new car for the trip. I have loved this car and would like to think that I have treated it well. Felix is his name. He may be an old man, but he gets us from A to B.
Today as I was driving home for lunch to see my beautiful wife, Felix shuddered and the engine died. I lost power so I had to pull off to the side of the road and wait for help. Luckilly my friend came to help and my Father-in-law and his friend came with a tow cable. Felix should be fine, but I'm a bit bummed. It is going to cost money to fix him and I didn't even get to see my wife.
We're both working full time and we sometimes work different shifts so the only glimpse we get somtimes is when she gets off work before we go to bed.
Anyway, Felix is in the shop now and I'm driving my father-in-law's car until he's out. Something about a fuel injector or distributors... can you tell I know a lot about cars?
Well, at least we found a huge garter snake while we were waiting. That was pretty cool.

3 comments:

  1. You're niece would be very jealous of you for finding that snake! She still absolutely loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I hope the car gets fixed with minimal pocketbook damage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks. And yes, if you look at the latest post, you'll see the outcome. Poor felix though... probably won't last much longer. He's a very old man.
    And tell my niece that it smelled bad. Very bad.

    ReplyDelete