11 October, 2010

Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep

Well, this is just such a beautiful song, I don't know about making me fall asleep, but it could, I'm sure. Maybe I should listen to it right now, as I just woke up and can't seem to get back to sleep anyway. :)

So, there's no video of this song that I could find, so here's a mock-up with lyrics.

Jason Mraz feat. James Morrison - Details in the Fabric


This is another AMAZING song that I have fallen asleep to in the past. Now, some may wonder at the meaning of this song. It's about skinny dipping. It's called Nightswimming. No don't judge until you've listened to it. It is one of the most beautiful songs I've heard and I love it. In my opinion, it's less about the obvious, and more about... well, it's about a simpler time. Growing up and loving certain things that now seem taboo or have become un-"PC", etc. I think this is a beautiful commentary on the way things used to be, and don't worry, there's nothing risque in the video, it's just a video of people swimming. If you are offended by the idea of the song, then you don't understand what they're really singing about. Sometimes you just need to do something silly and risky. Sometimes you need to forget what other people think and do something for yourself. Sometimes... you just need to go nightswimming...

R.E.M. - Nightswimming: "Automatic For The People"

Sorry, the ability to embed the video isn't working right now, so you'll have to click the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment