13 October, 2010

Day 12 - A song from a band you hate

There's not a lot of music I don't appreciate. There are, however a few bands I cannot stand no matter how much anyone tells me they are awesome. Here is one example:



I dislike this band considerably. That being said, there are a couple of songs I don't mind hearing every once in a while. My main beef with them comes down to three or four items:
1. Chad Kroeger's unbelievably overprocessed, overcompressed voice is not natural or real sounding, and becomes monotonous and excessive after just a couple of minutes. There's no way I could listen to an entire album of theirs.
2. Half of their songs use the exact same melody and chord progression. Don't believe me? Check this out: Nickelback Artistfacts
Also look at this video: How You Remind Me of Someday: Nickelback to Back
The song I posted has the exact same sound too. Listen closely...
3. Half of their songs use unnecessary swearing or crude lyrics. I hate when a band puts inappropriate material into a song when it is completely pointless and just makes me not want to listen to their music.

Anyway, that's my take on this band. Not a big fan...

No comments:

Post a Comment