11 October, 2010

Day 11 - A song from your favorite band

My favorite band has long been, and always will be, Collective Soul. I could go on and on with the reasons I love them... and I think I will. This is, after all, my blog, right?

I've always thought their lyrics were original and interesting, even deep at many times. I LOVE their music and the way they can put a good mix together. They are all talented and fun to listen to. They all are great guys in real life too. Especially Ed Roland, the lead of the band. Ed may not seem like the brightest person in the world in an interview, but he is a musical genius. He writes pretty much every song the band sings and has since the early 90's. Ed is also a good Christian, the son of a reverend, and a clean lyricist. He is also a single father who has time for his son, and a platinum-selling rock band. This band was built from the ground up, and struggled for years until they became what they are now. I respect them as people and as musicians. Here's a good bio, if you like.

3 comments:

  1. Very Nice never heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok nm I just looked them up on rapsody and I do like them :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most people know them by a couple of their songs, but they don';t know the name, or that they've been around for almost 20 years and their discography consists of 8 studio albums, one live album, one compilation album, one EP, 28 singles, and 19 music videos. :) and that's not even including the work Ed did on his own before the band became big.

    ReplyDelete